Monday, March 17, 2014

Out of Inspiration!

Do you ever get to a place where your creativity just sags?  You're totally out of ideas and you just stare at your card stock and stamps without moving...for hours?
Well, I'm not THAT bad...but sometimes I do have difficulty getting started.

On my top 10 list of Why I LOVE Being a Stampin' UP Demonstrator is "always having thousands of ideas at my disposal"...besides our fantastic private website, we demos get an exclusive magazine every other month with lots of ideas for stretching your creative muscles. 

So when I was fresh out of ideas for my monthly Card Club last month, I sat down with my Stampin' Success and a cup of tea, and perused until I came across this:
Now, this is MY sample, but I took it almost entirely from Allison Okamitsu, from
Calgary, Alberta, a Canadian demonstrator who was highlighted in our magazine.  I loved the use of gold--the Metallic Encore pad (comes in Gold and Silver), and the gold embossing (I added the gold sequins), along with my favorite "go to" color of Coastal Cabana, made ME happy!
The sentiment from Happy Watercolor was inked in Versamark and embossed with Gold Embossing Powder; then I inked up the water "splot" in Coastal Cabana and stamped right over the sentiment.  This was cut from my Circle Framelits; two Decorative Label Punched pieces of Coastal Cabana were added to the top and bottom of the circle, and a piece of Linen Thread was tied into a bow through the Vintage Faceted Designer Button:
I LOVE the texture of the Burlap Ribbon with a piece of Coastal Cabana Stretch Ruffle Trim under the Baked Brown Sugar layer (run through the Big Shot with Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder). 

Thanks, Allison for your inspiration!

If you'd like to join my Stampin' Amigos team, click here, and sign up today.  Through the end of Sale-A-Bration (March 31!) new demonstrators get extra goodies in their New Demo Supply box--$150 worth of products for just $99!  What a deal!

And let's get creating!


No comments: