Thursday, October 15, 2015

October Wacky Watercooler Blog Hop



It's that time again...time for another Blog Hop from the Wacky Watercooler gang.  This month it's all about the holidays!  From Halloween through New Year's, let's see what our friends have come up with to help get you in the spirit!  You may have just hopped over from the ever-awesome Heidi Weaver--she never fails to WOW me!  And if you've just joined us now, don't neglect to make your way around and see what everyone has created.

I couldn't choose just one holiday, so I chose three--let's start off with Halloween.  I simply couldn't resist the adorable Howl-o-Ween stamp set and matching Boo To You framelits dies. 





This Cascading Card uses nearly every stamp in the set.  My owl is getting ready to Trick or Treat--see his little pumpkin candy holder?

This card also uses Happy Haunting Designer Series Paper.  

And the best part?  The card folds flat so it can be mailed:

Because it's rather tall, I used my Envelope Punch Board to make my own, matching envelope--easy peasy!
I'll feature this card later next week, so you can have directions on how to put it together.


Next up (for us Americans) is Thanksgiving (our Canadian friends celebrated earlier this week--Happy Thanksgiving!).  This is a holiday that goes hand in hand with beautiful autumn colors, and I SO love seeing the leaves turn.  So what could be better than seeing the trees through your window?
 I used the always-classic stamp set Lovely as a Tree.  I mean, who doesn't own this?  On my card base of Whisper White Thick cardstock, I stamped my trees after coloring directly on the stamp with Stampin' Write markers in Old Olive, Crushed Curry, Pumpkin Pie, and Cherry Cobbler.

 

I then took a piece of Whisper White, adhered Envelope Paper "wallpaper" to the top half and cut a rectangular opening.  A "chair rail" of Tip Top Taupe was scored and glued down.  The window was cut out with the Hearth and Home Thinlits die and a piece of Window Sheet was added to the back; this was adhered to my "wall".  Then this layer was popped up with Dimensionals to make it look like you are looking through a window.


And of course, every window needs a little "dressing"--Tip Top Taupe 1" Dotted Lace Trim made a perfect valance!


And finally, let's have a little Christmas spirit.

I'm getting a jump start on my Christmas wrapping.  Using the Tag a Bag Gift Boxes makes it easy!  These food-safe Kraft boxes (6-7/8" x 2-1/8" x 2-1/2") with acetate sleeves are perfect for treats and small gifts.  And decorating them is fun and easy.

I took one and covered the box with Season of Cheer Designer Series Paper.  Then I slipped the box inside the acetate sleeve and tied it with White Organza Ribbon.  There's some fancy looped Silver 1/8" ribbon and some Silver Sequins, and then a pretty tag.

But I'm not done:

This time I used the same DSP but in traditional Christmas colors, Mossy Meadow and Cherry Cobbler.  I wrapped the sleeve with Mossy Meadow and Burlap Ribbon, then tied on some sparkly Gold Glitter Ribbon. 

This tag uses Embellished Ornaments and Project Life Season of Cheer...and check out the little Santa hat!  Cute!

OK that's it for me.  Come back next week for directions on my samples here.

And now on to Buffy Cooper, who has something fantastic to show you!

Thanks for stopping by...enjoy the Hop!


 photo nextwatercoolercrockbutton.jpg
http://heidistampinalong.blogspot.com/

http://wackywatercoolerstamping.blogspot.com






12 comments:

Deborah Smart said...

Great projects Priscilla! From the cascade card, the curtains over your window - and thanks for the reminder to buy more Tag a Bag boxes! Beautiful wrapping & tags!

Gail said...

Ditto everything Deborah said! Love the curtains idea. That ribbon is perfect for that.

Buffy said...

Great projects, Priscilla! They're all lovely. And I agree - your curtain is gorgeous! Great idea!

Unknown said...

I just love the Thanksgiving card! I need to get some of that ribbon! Wonderful projects!

Heidi Weaver said...

Hi Priscilla, as usual your projects take my breath away. That cascading Hallowe'en card is a winner. Way to use just about all the images from that set! I love the scene through the window. Lovely as a Tree remains one of my top favourite sets. Making the card appear to be the inside of a room with striped wallpaper and wainscotting as well as a lacy ruffle across the window---what fun! You are so creative!

I love those Tag a Bag boxes. Your wrapping and tags are great. Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful creations for yet another Watercooler Blog Hop.

Penny Hanuszak said...

Luv, luv, luv your cascading Halloween card! Awesome. Your thanksgiving card is so sweet, lots of great details, especially those curtains! The gift wrap and tags in your Tag a Bag boxes are perfect! The Santa hat is adorable! Thanks for sharing.

Christine said...

Where to start..... All of these projects are so creative. Love the little lace valance on your windows. then there is that cute Halloween card, oh, oh and the gift boxes. I am running out of words to aptly describe them all. So here's one...Awesome!

Lisa Kmiec said...

Beautiful projects Priscilla! your Halloween card is adorable! The coloring on the window scene is beautiful.

Marsha Reed said...

Great projects, Priscilla! I love the addition of the lace for a valance on your Happy Scenes card.

Heather Hopson said...

Wow, I loved everything! The Halloween card was awesome and I loved the detail on your Thanksgiving card.

Created by Kath said...

Great use of lace! I really like how the card turned out.

DDstampin said...

Impressive projects Priscilla! I love the Halloween card!