Thursday, April 21, 2016

It's Time for a Blog Hop!

 


Yes it's time for another Wacky Watercooler Gang Blog Hop, and this month we are CASEing our friends while we focus on some of the retiring In Colors.  You may have just arrived from one of my favorite blogger's sites (yes, that's you, creative Jean Fitch!); our hop is circular--click on any site and there will be "buttons" to take you to the next person until you've traveled all the way around.  There are 11 of us this month; please enjoy the inspiration!

I felt really fortunate when I got to CASE Penny Hanuszak.  Penny is a wonderful stamper with some "out of the box" thinking.  I had fun perusing her past creations and had a difficult time picking just one thing for my CASE (copy and share everything).  But one of her cards resonated with me.  Take a look at Penny's card:


Penny created her own background paper using stamps from the set In the Wild; that along with the Lots of Labels Framelits dies highlighting the giraffe got my juices flowing.

I decided on a baby card, using the set Zoo Babies (btw, this fabulous set is retiring soon; be sure to place your order before you miss out).  And here's my card:


Instead of Penny's muted colors, I chose bright, primary colors, and randomly stamped my animals all over my Whisper White cardstock.  This was mounted to a layer of Pacific Point, then added to my 5-1/4" x 5-1/4" base of Cucumber Crush.


I used the giraffe image (channeling Penny's card) as my focal point and used the same Lots of Labels framelits.  My sentiment, from Suite Sayings is popped up under a Pumpkin Pie bow.




So what do you think?  Was my CASE a success?


Now on to the retiring In Colors.  This is making me a little sad, especially since I realized that I hardly played at all with one of the colors!  My bad!

So I decided to focus on Hello Honey (badly neglected) and Mossy Meadow.  Now Mossy Meadow is my absolute favorite of the last round of In Colors (sorry, Blackberry Bliss!), and paired with Hello Honey, makes a very pretty combo.

I took a cue from the English Garden Designer Series Paper (retiring), and used my little rose stamps from the Floral Wings Host set (also retiring) to stamp a background.  The DSP is the top layer and a tag has some more, fussy-cut roses and a butterfly from Butterfly Basics.

The tag was made by stamping on a 1" strip of cardstock, then inserting the corners into the Curvy Corner Trio Punch (guess what?  Retiring) one corner at a time.

So what does this little 3" x 3" card go with?

A teeny tiny birthday cake of course:

I had some left-over flameless candles from another project and saw some In Color Washi Tape on my desk.  Wrapping the Hello Honey-striped tape around my candle and topping it with a few punched pieces gave me the start of my cake.  (and...those scalloped circle punches are all retiring too)

I cut a few roses and leaves, dressed it up with some Rhinestone Basic Jewels and designed a little 1-3/4" x 1-3/4" box in which it can be presented:


So cute!

 And here they are together, ready for a mini birthday party!


OK, that's it for me!  Time to run off and see what Bev has to show you.  She always comes up with wonderful projects!

Thanks for stopping by.


http://stampwithbev.blogspot.com/
https://jlfstudio.wordpress.com/
http://wackywatercoolerstamping.blogspot.com


17 comments:

Gail said...

Yes, Priscilla - your CASE is very successful! So bright and colourful. The birthday ensemble is beautiful! Hello Honey and Mossy Meadow are perfect together. And that tealight cake is just adorable - so fun.

Heidi Weaver said...

Priscilla, you've caught the essence of Penny's lovely card and made it your own in spades! What a happy, colourful result you've achieved with those images from Zoo Babies. How I'll miss that set! I have to admit that Hello Honey and Tangelo Twist were my two least used colours but I love the way you've combined the Hello Honey with the Mossy Meadow and may just give that not-quite-yellow a workout after all, before it fully retires. What a perfect little birthday card, cake and box! Love them all. Thanks for being part of our crazy April Blog Hop.

Stampin' Amigos said...

Thanks, Gail!

Stampin' Amigos said...

Oh, Heidi, I know I'll miss Zoo Babies for sure! One of my favorite sets! Won't miss Hello Honey all that much, but Mossy Meadow makes me so happy I don't know what I'll do without it...oh yes I do! I'll fall in love with a NEW In Color! Thanks for the kind comment!

Penny Hanuszak said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Penny Hanuszak said...

Priscilla I was thrilled to see your CASE card tonight! I agree with Heidi you did make it in spades, and now I want to CASE your card! I'm also sad that ZOO BABIES is retiring. When you see it displayed with such a great combination of primary colours and image placement it just makes you happy. I also really like your delightful card, candle and box. I like how you took your cue from the dsp to create your background on the card. Your combination of Hello Honey and Mossy Meadow is wonderful. I found I liked Hello Honey in combination with Lost Lagoon, Mossy Meadow and Blackberry Bliss and worked with those combos a lot. I honestly have to say my least favourite of the In-colours was the Tangelo Twist which I simply never knew what to do with it. Thanks again Priscilla for your kind words and awesome CASE.

Buffy said...

Great projects, Priscilla! I love the little birthday ensemble, and your CASE was so clever!

Deborah Smart said...

I just love all of your projects, Priscilla - but they make me so sad to know that all of those sets are retiring!! One of my favourite combinations has been Mossy Meadow with Hello Honey; they just compliment each other so well. Love your birthday card & cake ensemble :)

Stampin' Amigos said...

Thanks so much, Penny! I wanted to pay a little homage to your beautiful card and had some fun with the bright colors and stylized (rather than realistic) animals. Thanks for the inspiration!

Stampin' Amigos said...

Thanks, Buffy!

Stampin' Amigos said...

Yeah, Deb, I'm sad too--many of these items have been my favs and it's always hard to let them go. But as I noted, now we have some new things to love! Right? Thanks for the nice comments.

Unknown said...

Your CASE was an absolute success - love it! I will miss the retiring English Garden Designer Series Paper. I love the card, candle and box you made using it. What a sweet gift that will make.

libbystamps said...

Where DO I begin? I seriously LOVED your projects! Your CASE with Zoo Babies was adorable! The bright colors really stand out. It's a great card. And, then the ensemble with all the little birthday stuff - so, so, so sweet! Thanks for some very inspiring projects!

Stampin' Amigos said...

Thank you, Marie; there's a lot to miss this time around, but I'm sure we'll find more to love!

Stampin' Amigos said...

Thanks, Libby; so glad you've joined us!

Marsha Reed said...

Wonderful projects, Priscilla! Your CASE using Zoo Babies is so bright and cheerful.

Stampin' Amigos said...

Thanks so much, Marsha!