Thursday, August 11, 2016

A Little Washi Card

Do you love Washi?  That wonderful little roll of thin, pretty, low-tack tape that is so great for decorating cards?  Do you use your Washi?  I don't!

What?  Why not?  I actually have no idea.  I tend to purchase my Washi Tape because I love the colors and/or the patterns, and then the little rolls just sit on the shelf above my desk, wallowing in self-pity, waiting for a little love.

Well, I found a way to give them the love they deserve.  Look:

  Check out that lovely Floral Boutique Designer Washi Tape!  Navy and White!  So pretty!

I started with a base of Whisper White Thick cardstock, 4-1/4" x 11", and scored at 5-1/2".  I cut a piece of Night of Navy that was 4-1/4" wide by 4-3/4" long.  This was run through the Big Shot with a (vintage) embossing folder, and then I cut a wavy line across the bottom 2/3's.  These two pieces now covered the entire front of the card, with a 1-1/4" gap in the middle.  But don't adhere them yet!

I took a piece of Whisper White cardstock, 4-1/4" wide by about 2-1/4" long, and adhered my Washi strips to it.  Very simple, just added strips of Washi that I tore and folded over the ends.

Using the larger piece of the Navy as a guide, I lined up where my Washi piece would go, and adhered it to my card base.

Then I just laid the Navy over the base using LOTS of Dimensionals to pop it over the Washi tape strip.

This card didn't need any stamping-- I used Swirly Scribbles Thinlits dies to cut the hearts with Silver Foil Sheets, and the LOVE was from Sunshine Wishes Thinlits.

This card is going to my niece and her husband for their second wedding anniversary--I know they'll love it!

So pull out your Washi and make a pretty card!

Most items can be purchased here.


No comments: