Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Baby Card

Yesterday I shared that we have a new addition to our family.  Today I'll show you the card I made for my son and daughter-in-law.  I will also apologize in advance for the fact that I used "vintage" stamps--sometimes I get a stamp set and I just know it's an absolute keeper, one that I'll use again and again for my own use.  This is one of those sets, but know that the layout and idea for the card can be easily duplicated using many of our current Stampin' UP! stamps.

So here it is:

As you'll recall, the colors my kids chose for the baby's room is apple green, navy and white.  Unfortunately apple green is not a current Stampin' UP! color, but I was able to find a piece of cardstock in just the right color at a local crafting store.

So this card is 5" x 5".  And it all came together because of the wonderful new Layering Squares Framelits.  This terrific set has a TON of framelits that all nest--some are plain squares and others have scalloped edges.  Just wonderful!  And so worth the investment!

The base is Whisper White Thick cardstock, with a skinny layer of Night Of Navy, and then a layer of the apple green.  It's topped off with another layer of Whisper White...and then there are those squares.


I stamped the images in Basic Grey and then colored them using Marina Mist, Smoky Slate and Crushed Curry with Blender Pens.  The baby was colored using Pink Pirouette, watered down (with an Aquapainter).

Each stamped image was cut with a plain square framelit, and then the layers were cut using the larger scalloped and plain squares (apple green and Night of Navy).


Once the squares were all adhered, I added a retired "Congrats" (wooden element).  And then I added a little Wink of Stella to my bath bubbles.

I'm really loving all the Layering Framelits--squares, circles and ovals.  Now I just need to save up for the hearts!

Most items can be purchased here

No comments: