Friday, August 26, 2016

Jar of Thanks!

Yes, I really have been enjoying playing with the Jar of Love stamps and coordinating Everyday Jars framelits.  So here's another sample I made:



This card started as one for the blog hop I participated in last week, but I got stuck when thinking about "stepping it up".  So I put it aside and concentrated on another idea, but then went back to completing this card.  And I love it!

The base is Whisper White Thick, 4-1/4" x 11" and scored at 5-1/2", with a layer of Fruit Stand Designer Series Paper. There is a tiny punched circle at the score line on one side, through which I fed some (gorgeous!) Peekaboo Peach Ruched Ribbon and tied it in a knot over some pieces of Burlap Ribbon.

Tempting Turquoise is the next layer, and then comes the Whisper White with the jar stamped in Smoky Slate.  I stamped the "Thanks" in Basic Gray, and the water with Tempting Turquoise.  There are also some Old Olive leaves.  And a thin strip of Peekaboo Peach "grounded" my jar. 

Then I went to town stamping and cutting out flowers--large ones in Peekaboo Peach and Tangerine Tango, small ones in Tempting Turquoise (stamped off once, with the centers in full-strength), and leaves in Old Olive.

The flowers and leaves were layered, with some popped up with Dimensionals, and then I added some tiny Pearls Basic Jewels to the centers.


A pretty thank you card, which has already been given away, a thanks to my parents neighbors, who graciously allow me to stay in their pretty little cottage when I visit Cape Cod.

If you don't have Jar of Love and Everyday Framelits, I encourage you to think about this bundle.  The upcoming Holiday Catalog includes more stamps to coordinate with the framelits, and I know you'll be tickled to see what's coming!  I'll have samples for you next week, when I return home and have time to play.  Can't wait!

No comments: