Tuesday, August 2, 2016

One Card, Two Ways

Here's such a pretty (and very easy) card, one we made in our July Card Clubs.  I usually don't offer cards THIS easy, but it was so pretty and versatile, that I went ahead--and everyone loved it!

This beautiful stamp is from Floral Phrases, part of an absolutely gorgeous suite of products.  I so loved the simplicity of this rose--the stamp is textured, so part of it stamps lighter than other parts, giving it depth even though you are only stamping it once.

The base is Whisper White Thick cardstock, cut 4-1/4" x 11" and scored in the center (5-1/2").  There is a layer of Dapper Denim, with a larger border around it, and then we stamped on the Whisper White layer.

The flower stamp was stamped at the top; we then flipped the cardstock 180 degrees and stamped it again (there is a blank white are between the two stamps, which is covered by the banner).  The banner is about 1-1/4" wide and about 4" long; the stamp from Timeless Love was stamped in Dapper Denim and the ends were flagged.  This was popped up with Dimensionals, and two Pearls Basic Jewels were added.  Done!

I had created this card and then found that my colleague was using the same stamp set with Night of Navy, so I quickly changed out my colors:

Easy, peasy--Sweet Sugarplum!  And this time I used a sentiment from Butterfly Basics.  Just as lovely, just as easy, and just as effective! 

All supplies can be purchased here.


No comments: