Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Shooting Star

Many of you know that I've just returned from a trip to the East Coast to visit my grandchildren.  Ethan and Jacob now have a new baby sister.  I had such a good time with the boys while we waited for the new little one to come along, and Ethan told me he wanted to build rocket ships when he grows up.  So naturally I had to make something for him:

This new set, Shooting Star, with the matching Sliding Star Framelits Dies, is sensational!  The framelits help you make slider cards--interactive cards that move.

Ethan and I played with paper airplanes, and this set has one!  So fun!  I stamped the earth, shooting stars and plane using Night of Navy ink on Whisper White card stock.  The framelits make it easy to cut them all out.  The moon was stamped in So Saffron, on So Saffron card stock, and also cut with the framelits.

Then it's time to put it all together...easy peasy!  The base is Night of Navy, and there is a top layer of Night of Navy that has the slider "track" cut out (using the framelits).

You can see the pennies I used to help the plane slide--one penny below the track, one penny on the back of the plane, and held together with a Dimensional.  As the card is moved, the plane can spin or move along the track all the way to the moon!

Stars were stamped in retired Silver ink, and I added some of the new Metallic Enamel Shapes--silver stars to the background and the sentiment banner.

Shoot for the moon, Ethan!

Products can be purchased here




No comments: