Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Another October Birthday

Continuing on my October "Special Occasions" journey, here's a card I made for my granddaughter, who turned 9 on Saturday:

Sophia wanted new boots for her birthday.  Since she lives a day's drive away from me, I decided to send her money so she can pick out her own.  Money isn't all that exciting to a 9-year old, so I wanted to make her a fun card.

This balloon card was cut from a Hero Arts balloon framelit.  I cut one from Whisper White card stock, and then cut a card base.  Using the same framelit on a piece of folded Whisper White, I let the top of the framelit hang over the fold--when I cut it out, it left a folded-over area for the card base.  Then I just glued the original balloon on top to make the card.

The "Happy" is from Celebrate Today, and was stamped in Pumpkin Pie, Bermuda Bay, Melon Mambo and Pacific Point.  The cupcake and candles were from a retired set with matching punches.  And my letters are also from a retired alphabet set.

Inside I cut another balloon and adhered the bottom and half-way up the two sides to make a pocket for the money.  "Boot Money" was stamped using Labeler Alphabet.

And of course this needed it's own envelope:

I had some red Envelope Paper left from last Christmas; my Envelope Punch Board did the trick.

Happy Birthday, Sophia!



No comments: