Sunday, October 16, 2016

Time for an Anniversary

 I mentioned the other day that October was a crazy, busy month for me.  Lots of birthdays and an anniversary.   Today we'll celebrate the anniversary of my son and daughter-in-law, Matt and Sarah.

Matt and Sarah met while Matt was just beginning his senior year of high school.  Sarah was beginning her senior year of college!  I have to admit, I never thought it would last. But I should have looked deep inside myself--I met my husband and knew right away that he was the one for me.  And 40 years (What?) later, I can congratulate myself for believing in my choice.  (I got married when I was 12 :), right?)

Sarah made one too.  She knew Matt was for her, and I'm happy to report that they have just celebrated their 8th anniversary!  And I am totally blessed to have Sarah as my daughter-in-law!

Here's the card I made them:

I just can't get enough of these jars!  This is Jar of Love, and the Everyday Jars Framelits.


I also love the color combination of Rich Razzleberry, Sweet Sugarplum and Pool Party.  So this card is a 5" x 5" square of Sweet Sugarplum, with a layer of Rich Razzleberry, run through the Big Shot with the Softly Falling embossing folder.

A piece of Fruit Stand Designer Series Paper is added and then comes a layer of Whisper White and my jar.

The jar is stamped in Basic Gray, and the "water" is Pool Party.  I also stamped a number of the leaves and stems above and below where the jar would be placed, using Old Olive ink.

The jar was cut with the framelits, and popped up with Dimensionals.  Then I went a little crazy making a bouquet of flowers:  Sweet Sugarplum, Rich Razzleberry, and Pool Party (with a little Island Indigo inside the flowers) were stamped and then cut with the framelits.

I finished with a bow using the 3/8" Glitter Ribbon (this comes with a matching Silver ribbon) and a few Enamel Shapes (I used both the In Color and the Brights packs).

And inside is another Enamel Shape, with the sentiment from Timeless Love.

Of course this square card needs an envelope:

Easy to make a matching one from the Neutrals Envelope Paper with some of the DSP on the flap.  I love my Envelope Punch Board!

Happy Anniversary, Matt and Sarah.  You were meant for each other!

All products can be purchased here.


Product List

No comments: