Friday, October 14, 2016

To An Awesome Starbucks Barrista

Do you ever have one of those days?  Just nothing seems to be going exactly right?  And you start feeling down in the dumps?

Well I had one of those days last week.  Work was not going well (my REAL job, not my "stampin'" fun job) and I was tired.  Had a lot on my mind, and had been rushing back and forth between two of the buildings in which I work.

So when leaving one of them and heading back to my office, I made a quick detour through the Starbucks drive-through.  Ah, a hot chocolate would make everything better...

As I pulled into the driveway, I noticed Julie sitting on an overturned bucket on the sidewalk next to the drive-through.  Julie is the manager of this particular Starbucks--a wonderful, jovial, knows-everyone person--you know the type.  As I slowed to round the corner, she motioned to me to roll my window down.  That's when I noticed her head-set.

"Are you going to take my order out here?"  I asked.

"Sure am," Julie replied; "the mic is broken."  So the machine I talk in to when I give my order--that nameless "voice in a box"--wasn't working.  And here sat Julie, on a cool, windy morning in early October, perched on an upside-down bucket, wearing her head-set and taking orders to relay inside, so as to not delay the line.  Super!  I asked, wasn't she cold?

"Nah; someone gave me gloves!"  She smiled and held up her fingerless-gloved hands.  What a saint!

Anyway, my order taken, I thanked Julie and headed round the bend, and my hot, chocolaty drink was waiting at the window.

Somehow that speedy exchange totally turned my day around.  To see Julie sitting there on a bucket, wearing borrowed gloves, and cheerfully taking orders while the wind blew made me feel all warm and toasty inside.

So I decided to do something for Julie.  Take a look:

Funky colors, retro stamp set and heartfelt sentiment!  I knew it was just perfect for Julie!

The card base is Bermuda Bay.  The Peekaboo Peach striped Designer Series Paper and the Emerald Envy polka-dotted banner created a busy background for all the white-space of the stamp.

I stamped the marquee from Marquee Messages twice--once in Flirty Flamingo, and again in Peekaboo Peach, cutting the arrow and popping it up on Dimensionals.  A Flirty Flamingo Ruched Ribbon bow and a few Emerald Envy Enamel Shapes finished my bright card.

And of course, for a card as awesome and mixed up as this, I had to create my own envelope.  Matching Designer Series Paper in Emerald Envy and my Envelope Punch Board made it a snap!

I stopped in Starbucks the next day and dropped it off for Julie.  I hope it made her as happy as she made me!

Next time you experience a random act of kindness, make one back--a handmade card with a heartfelt sentiment will make someone's day.

All supplies can be purchased here.

Product List

No comments: