Friday, August 15, 2014

Happy Birthday, Sarah! (and a sneak peek!)

Continuing my saga of our busy August, I'm bringing you a birthday card that I made for my daughter-in-law, Sarah.  Her birthday was the day after my niece's wedding (see that card here), and I wanted to be sure she felt remembered.



(Remember, I'm still photographing cards in hotel room with really crummy light...see yesterday's post for THAT story.)

This fun Amazing Birthday set was one I received at our annual Stampin' UP! Convention, Inspire, Create, Share.  I couldn't wait to use it again, so pulled it out for this card.  See that Designer Series Paper?  That's your sneak peek of a great new collection coming in the new Holiday Catalog.  It's called Motley Monsters,and although one side is slated to become your favorite Halloween accessory, the other side is versatile enough to use for MANY other occasions.  And it's from where I drew my color inspiration for this card.

I first stamped the image in Tangerine Tango.  This took a quick trip through Mr. Big Shot using my Apothecary Accents framelits.   I then re-stamped the image with Crushed Curry, Tangerine Tango, Smoky Slate and Bermuda Bay, cutting out the "HAPPY" images and popping them on top of the original stamped image using Dimensionals

A piece of Tangerine Tango was cut with the same Apothecary Accents framelit, and split up the middle; pulling it apart slightly it becomes the layer for the stamped image piece.

A strip of Bermuda Bay Taffeta Ribbon was threaded through, and it was mounted over Crushed Curry Chevron Striped Ribbon.




The Chevron Punch made quick work of my decorating strips and I stamped the birthday cake in Crushed Curry, punching it out with the 1-1/4" punch.

Now for a neat trick (thanks, Justin Krieger!)--if you punch a piece of Window Sheet (here with the 1-1/4" circle punch) and pour Crystal Effects over it (generous, but not too much) and let it dry (be patient, this can take 24 hours), you'll get a fun clear embellishment.  Once I stamped/punched my cake, I ran it through my Xyron machine to make it into a sticker, and popped one of my clear Crystal Effects embellishments over the top.




How fun is that?  

All current items can be purchased here.  The Motley Monsters Designer Series Paper will be making it's debut in the new Holiday Catalog, coming 8/28!

And let's get creating!


No comments: