Thursday, August 13, 2015

New Toys for an Anniversary

I finally got a chance to play with a really pretty set that I purchased from the Annual Catalog, and just haven't had time to experiment with yet.  It's called Timeless Love and it is perfect for an anniversary.

Teamed up with English Garden Designer Series Paper, this made a just-what-I-was-looking-for to celebrate my sister's and brother-in-law's anniversary this weekend.

My card base is Tip Top Taupe with a layer of Night of Navy.  English Garden lists Soft Suede as an included color, but I found that the Tip Top Taupe was just the ticket!

I took the English Garden layer and cut an oval with my Oval Framelits, and I used the next smaller size to cut a piece of Hello Honey.  This was adhered to the back of the DSP.

Now for the stamping.
I used my new Archival Basic Black ink pad to stamp the flowers, then colored them with Blender Pens and Night of Navy and Tip Top Taupe inks.  To the get the Navy color right, I added ink to my Blender Pen but first colored on a scrap piece of paper to dilute the deep navy color.

"Happy Anniversary" is also stamped in Night of Navy, but was stamped off once on scrap paper.  The color was then perfect with the DSP.

I colored some Pearls Basic Jewels with a Sharpie marker, and added them to the center of my flower.  The top layer of DSP with the oval cutout was placed over the stamped image with Dimensionals, and a bow of Tip Top Taupe Dotted Lace Trim was tied.  Then the entire top was adhered to my base card.


Because this was an odd-sized card, I made an envelope using the Neutrals Envelope Paper and my Envelope Punch Board.  The flower image was stamped on the front using Archival Basic Black ink.

Happy Anniversary, Holly and Kenton!

All products can be ordered here.




No comments: