Monday, August 3, 2015

Sometimes a Little Sympathy is Needed

Although sympathy cards are ones I never want to need, there are times when nothing else will do.  And having one available when you need it is always helpful, because it's at that moment when you least want to have to sit down and create a card.

I've been wanting to play with the beautiful Timeless Elegance Designer Series Paper, and today is the day.  The colors are perfect:  Very Vanilla, Basic Black and Sahara Sand.  Calm, peaceful...And the prints are just gorgeous--florals, lace and subtle stripes along with some small prints.

So to make my sympathy cards, I took a piece with muted flower outlines and allowed it to be the focal point of my cards:



Stunningly simple.  The DSP makes the card.

The card base is Sahara Sand, with a layer of Basic Gray, then the DSP.

I stamped the sentiment from Watercolor Wishes (exclusive to the wonderful kit that makes 20 beautiful cards) using an old Basic Gray ink pad (wait for it--the NEW Archival Basic Gray is coming soon!) on a piece of Sahara Sand and cut it out with my Chalk Talk Framelits.  I paper pierced the bottom, and then adhered it to a strip of Basic Gray, flagged on both ends.


I felt it still needed something; and then realized that a bit of Silver Metallic Thread looped loosely behind the tag would be just right.  (Hard to see, but look closely; it's there).

I added a piece of the DSP to the envelope flap, and these are ready for friends who are having a difficult time.

All products can be purchased here.







2 comments:

Madame Wu said...

What a beautiful card, Priscilla. How are you? I miss hangin' out with you. I can't wait for November so we can have more selfies. Haha.

Stampin' Amigos said...

Hi Melinda! I miss you (and our selfies) too! Thanks for the compliment and I'm looking forward to seeing you (and maybe Kathy) in San Diego!