Thursday, September 3, 2015

Another Spooky Sky!

So have you placed your order from the Holiday Catalog yet?  No?  Why ever not?

Let me give you a reason...

Somehow I must like spooky skies.  I have done quite a few (see them here and here).  But I got to playing with some of my new "schtuff" and decided I HAD to sponge another spooky sky.  Take a look:
Got lots o' new stuff going on here.  Let's start with those adorable houses.

The Sleigh Ride Edgelits are truly going to be a huge hit from this catalog.  I LOVE these houses!

Now what might be a bit difficult to see is the paper I cut them out of...That's Black Glimmer Paper!  OMG, so sparkly and fabulous!  Just makes my heart go pitter-patter!

I backed each house with a snipped of Crushed Curry cardstock to give the windows a spooky glow.

I sponged my sky, starting with Crushed Curry ink.  Once the corner was done I punched a mask using my 2" Circle  Punch and a post-it note.  This was placed over the sponged area to keep it yellow, and I began layering my sky colors:  Island Indigo, Elegant Eggplant and Night of Navy.  Then I removed my mask and sponged Tangelo Twist over the moon and outwards for a spooky glow.

"Boo" is cut (again from the Black Glimmer Paper - oh I wish you could see the sparkly goodness in person!) using my Big Shot and the new Boo to You Framelits Dies.  So cute!

Wanna see even more sparkle?
Again, this photo does NOT do it justice, but that white ribbon is the new 3/8" White Glitter Ribbon!  Bears repeating - OMG, OMG!  Especially since it also comes in Gold...and better still--YOU GET BOTH THE GOLD AND THE WHITE IN ONE PACKAGE!  I squished up one section with a little bow of Black Bakers Twine; can you say LOVE?.

I went with an oldy-but-goody for my sentiment - Teeny Tiny Wishes, punched out with the Washi Label Punch, and some Rich Razzleberry Candy Dots

I'm just about ready for Halloween...

All items can be purchased here




No comments: