Thursday, October 8, 2015

It's the Big 30!

30 years ago today I became a mom for the third (and last) time.  My beautiful son, Matt, was born at 2:08 in the afternoon.  He's been a joy (most of the time) and I'm very proud of the man he's become.

So today, I'm sharing with you his birthday card.  I struggled a bit to figure out what to make for him.  He's in the Air Force, and is pretty low key.  I wanted something to celebrate him, but nothing over the top.  So here is my card:

Not too over the top, is it?  <grin>

I started with a piece of Bermuda Bay cardstock, and layered on a piece of Whisper White stamped with the wonderful background stamp, Writing Notes.  Then I began putting pieces of this and that together:

"Happy Birthday" was stamped (Watercolor Words) with Bermuda Bay ink, and layered on top of Crushed Curry cardstock.  Before adhering to the card, I cut three candles using the Cherry on Top Designer Series Paper Stack, and added flames using a retired punch.

The numbers were cut with the Little Numbers dies, and the stars were cut using the Stars Framelits in two sizes in Silver and Gold Glimmer Paper.   The gold one is popped up with a Dimensional.

Inside I added a little pocket for a little treat (cash!):

The sentiment is from B.Y.O.P. (Buy Your Own Present) and the pocket is cut from more Cherry on Top paper with only the small part of the Treat Bag Thinlits dies.

This gives me a little pocket for a little "present".

So happy birthday to my Matt!  Love you!

All products can be purchased here.

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog





No comments: