Tuesday, November 10, 2015

One Layout, Two Cards

I love it when see a great layout!  Today I'm going to share one layout, from which I created two cards.  And although they are basically the same, you'll note that they also look totally different.  Take a look:


I started with a pack of Season of Cheer Designer Series Paper.   The yummy prints scream Christmas!  So I chose just two pieces and with a little careful cutting, was able to make these cards.

My card base is a standard 4-1/4" x 11", scored and folded in half.  I then took the DSP and cut a 3-3/4" x 5" piece (I wanted to preserve the wider cardstock edge, so this is a bit smaller than my usual layers).  Measuring 1" down from one side, and 1" UP from the other side, I drew a light pencil line, then cut my DSP on the diagonal.  Then I simply flipped the bottom of my paper--the beauty of DSP is that it is printed on both sides, and the colors of the pack all coordinate.  It's hard to get it wrong!

After adhering my DSP on my card base, I took another piece of cardstock (in this case, Mossy Meadow) and cut it 1" by 5-1/2", then carefully snipped the ends to match up with the DSP.



Using the fabulous Christmas Greetings Thinlits Dies, I cut "merry" from Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper.

All that was needed was a simple embellishment--two Corrugated Paper stars were cut with the Star Framelits, I popped the small one up with a Dimensional and added a pretty Iced Rhinestone Embellishment - DONE!


These would be simple cards to mass-produce and there are lots of coordinating patterns in this paper pack.  Give it a try and see if you can make your cards look different than mine!



All products can be purchased here.

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments: