Saturday, January 16, 2016

My New Favorite Set!

Oh, my!  I've started playing with the fabulous new Number of Years stamp set, currently available in the Occasions Catalog (but flying off the shelves of Stampin' UP!s inventory) and it has got to be my new favorite set!  Take a look:

I was invited to a friend's 50th birthday party (held at a roller skating rink, and we were asked to dress from the 1980's--how fun is that?) and I made her a card.  Number of Years is such a perfect stamp set for SO many occasions!

My card base is Whisper White Thick Cardstock, with a skinny layer of Watermelon Wonder; then a layer of the beautiful Birthday Bouquet Designer Series Paper, on which I stamped "Look Who's Turning" in Watermelon Wonder ink.


I stamped my numbers with Blushing Bride ink and cut them out with the coordinating framelits, Large Numbers Framelits Dies.  These were mounted, using Dimensionals, on an oval of Pool Party, cut with my Ovals Framelits and embossed with a retired embossing folder.  And look at that cute banner--"look who's turning 29 - again!" just made me giggle!  The banner framelit is included with the numbers--so many framelits in this set!

There's a panel of Whisper White, stamped with the leaves and flowers from the set. 

I finished off my card with some more flowers and leaves--Petite Petals and a few of the little flowers from Something To Say (on sale this week in the Weekly Deals--don't miss it!), and punched with matching punches.  The leaves are from the Bird Punch, and then there are some Pearls Basic Jewels for a little bling.

Now for the inside:


After skating in our 80's clothes, we all needed a reality check!


Of course a card this pretty needs a matching envelope--not only did I stamp the front, but I also used my Envelope Liners Framelits and more of the DSP for the inside:

You'll see more of this stamp set in the coming days--I haven't been able to put it down! 

All products can be purchased here.


Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


2 comments:

Karen's Kreative Korner said...

Well, this may be six years later, but I still want to tell you how lovely your card turned out!

Anonymous said...

Better late than never, right? You gave me a chuckle…thanks so much for the comment!