Monday, January 4, 2016

Paper Pumpkin Meets Birthday Bouquet

Did you know that every Paper Pumpkin kit comes with an exclusive stamp set?  While they are meant to be used for the enclosed contents of the kit, they are also great for using after your kit is complete.

December's Paper Pumpkin was a beautiful desk calendar (mine is done and on my desk at work, but you can see what it looks like here).

Here's an idea for a birthday card using the Paper Pumpkin stamp:

I have a niece with a January birthday.  I mounted all the stamps (January - December) on one clear block until I got the size that I wanted.  I then removed January, inked up the others with Mint Macaroon and stamped on Whisper White.  I then stamped January with Watermelon Wonder.  Because the stamps are clear photopolymer, it's easy to see right where you want it. 

The card base is Whisper White Thick Cardstock.  The beautiful, subtle balloon paper is from Birthday Bouquet (available Tuesday!); both the balloon paper and the paper with the months are mounted on thin layers of Mint Macaroon.

The numbers were cut from a very old die that I have lying around (got it to use with an old machine, prior to getting my hands on the Big Shot), but these could be stamped using either the Alphabet Rotary Stamp or the Back To Basics Alphabet.

The "Your Special Day" sentiment is a pared down version from Botanicals for You, a Sale-a-bration offering (also starting Tuesday) and can be yours for FREE with a $50 purchase.  The actual phrase is "...on your special day", but I omitted the "...on".

I also added a piece of the balloon print on the envelope flap:
So how do you use your Paper Pumpkin stamps?  What?  You're not a member?  Well fix that right now by clicking on the Paper Pumpkin link on the right.  Just $19.95 a month gets you a wonderful orange box loaded with everything you need for some crafting heaven, and it's delivered right to your door! 

All supplies can be purchased here.  Now go make something pretty!


Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments: