Thursday, August 4, 2016

Another CASE the Catalog Card

Time for another CASE the Catalog card, one we made in our July Card Clubs.

I'm in love with this Fruit Stand Suite, and especially the Fresh Fruit stamp set and coordinating Fruit Stand Designer Series Paper.  I'm not sure why this struck such a chord in me; could it be because one of my favorite things to do on a Saturday morning is visit the Davis Farmers Market?  We have such a fabulous Farmers Market twice a week, and I love to shop there for fresh fruits and veggies (and flowers!).  So when I saw this set, I HAD. TO. HAVE. IT.

This card is nearly a straight copy of one in our Stampin' Success magazine (exclusive for Stampin' UP! demonstrators).  Since I only had one package (so far) of the DSP, and I knew we would have lots of attendees in our class, I had to come up with a way to make my paper stretch.  Strips!  How easy and fun!

The card base is Pear Pizzazz.  Strips of the Fruit Stand DSP were added, varying the length and width of each.  There are also strips of Watermelon Wonder and Peekaboo Peach.

Then we stamped the fruits on a piece of Whisper White.  First the pear, in (are you ready for it?) Pear Pizzazz.  Then we masked the pear (I had previously cut a bunch of masks to make it easy for everyone), and stamped the peach in (what else?) Peekaboo Peach and the strawberry in - can you guess the color? - HA!  Watermelon Wonder!

Either Happy Birthday or Thank You (both included in the stamp set) was stamped with Memento  Tuxedo Black ink.

Using a retired star punch, we nipped tiny "V"s in the cardstock and wrapped Basic Black Bakers Twine around the layer, tying it in a bow.  And a quarter of a doily was added, peeking out at the bottom of the layer.  Then it was adhered to the card with Dimensionals.

My card, unfortunately, got a little ink splat in the upper left corner.  What an opportunity!  I got to place three of my new Subtles Enamel Shapes in the corner, and I love how it looks.

A fun and easy card.  Need inspiration?  Try CASEing the Catalog (Copy and Share Everything)!

All products can be purchased here


No comments: