Thursday, February 2, 2017

Valentine Decor

It's February, month of Valentines, and I thought I would share a little Valentine decor with you:



First I must apologize for the photos--this 12" x 12" frame was hard to photograph--I kept getting "lamp reflections" on the glass.  So bear with me, as some of these pictures will look a bit elongated.

I picked up this 12" x 12" frame at a local craft store.  Then I started with a piece of 12" x 12" Whisper White cardstock, and built my design.

Using "vintage" pieces of designer series paper, I cut various patterns to 3" x 3".  This would give me a 1" border all around my squares, along with a small border between each.


I chose three colors, based on the colors in the DSP - Real Red, Basic Black, Whisper White and Calypso Coral along with touches of Gold Foil.  Using the Layering Squares framelits, I created mats for the squares, and then I found punches, framelits and thinlits to use in each one.



Once done with the squares, I carefully lined them up (I LOVE our Grid Paper; it was easy peasy using a 16" ruler across my paper and lining up along the lines on the grid paper) and adhered them.

Then I stood back and congratulated myself on a pretty piece of February home decor!

Here's what I used:


Product List

No comments: