Sunday, May 7, 2017

A Nod to Mom

Mother's Day is nearly upon us, and I still can't get enough of the soon-to-be-released Crate Die.  So I decided to use it to make this:

Such a lovely crate of flowers!

I began with a wash of watercolor - Soft Sky ink with an Aquapainter made for a pretty, soft background.  Once this was dry, I began to build my crate of flowers.

Jar of Love (thankfully sticking around for another year, as it is one of my favorites!  But if you want to save 10% on the bundle, purchase it now--this disappears in the new catalog) makes a lovely bouquet.  I stamped Rich Razzleberry and Peek-a-Boo peach flowers, Pear Pizzazz and Lemon Lime Twist leaves, and Pool Party/Marina Mist or Powder Pink/Berry Burst mini flowers and cut everything out with the Everyday Jars framelits.

Teeny Tiny Wishes (also hangin' out for another catalog year) was punched with the Classic Label Punch to finish off my card.

And if you look closely, you'll see the Wink of Stella that I splashed on the flowers and bees.  So pretty.

Does this mean I don't have to send real flowers to my mom?  :)

Click on the pics below to place an order for the items I used here. 


Product List

No comments: