Sunday, May 14, 2017

Back to the Palace

Yes I have another Eastern Palace Suite card for you today.  But first, I want to start by wishing all moms a Happy Mothers Day!  I do hope you get to spend some time with your special peeps, be it in person or by phone.  Mine are all grown and gone, so phone calls/Face Time will make it a special day.

Today I have one more Eastern Palace card for you.  I think this is my favorite of all the ones I've brought you so far (although I think I said that about each and every one!  See them all here, here, here, and here ). What do you think?

This one is full of details.  First up are those Gold Vinyl Stickers--wowsers!  What a treat to use!  I stuck two of them on some Night of Navy cardstock and cut them out using the matching thinlits dies.  They were cut using TWO dies--the outside and the inside, and they match up perfectly to the stickers!  So gorgeous!
I also cut the outside medallion using Lemon Lime Twist, and layered them together.  A Gold Faceted Gem added to the center of the medallions made the perfect blingy, finishing touch!


Make this card:
1.  Start with Lemon Lime Twist cardstock, cut to 5-1/2" x 8-1/2" and scored at 4-1/4"
2.  Add a 1" x 5-1/2" strip of Night of Navy to the left edge; top it with a 3/4" x 5-1/2" piece of Eastern Palace Specialty Designer Series Paper
3.  Cut a 3-1/4" x 5-1/4" piece of Night of Navy; heat emboss the sentiment using Versamark ink and Gold Embossing Powder.  Stamp small flourish in each corner (Versamark) and emboss with Gold; then stamp the dotted circles, using Night of Navy ink randomly on the panel
4.  Add medallions
5.  Add panel to card front
6.  Tie the gold tassle with a bow of Gold 1/8" ribbon; adhere to card using Glue Dot
7.  Add Gold Sequins to card front using Fine Tip Glue
8.  Sigh, smile and admire your work!


The Eastern Palace bundle is now available.  See my post here for details on how to order. 

Product List

4 comments:

Donna said...

This card is beautiful (and also my favorite with the peach colored card, secondly). I just LOVE it when there are instructions and measurements to build a card; I am so excited to easily be able to copy this beauty for myself, now. Thank you so much for sharing, everything!

Donna said...

Wow! I just cased this card and am so in love with it, thank you Priscilla.

Donna said...

Feel free to delete this comment; I needed to cut down the blue c/s to 3" across so that the card base's pop of color would show through (Lemon Lime Twist).

Stampin' Amigos said...

Oops, Donna, you may be correct! Thanks for pointing that out! But I am so glad you tried it and love the card--I do too!