Saturday, May 13, 2017

Happy For You

Who doesn't love happy occasions?
My niece and her husband just moved into their first home, and I wanted to send them a congratulations card.  How about this one?

This card just made me happy!  How about you?

Unfortunately, making it was not a happy occasion!  I had a completely different card in mind when I started, and went through a number of iterations until this one finally "appeared".  Has that ever happened to you?  Where your head and your hands just don't talk to each other?

But I digress...

I totally LOVE this card!  It's a Thick Whisper White cardstock base, with a layer of Night of Navy on top.  I ran a rectangle of Bermuda Bay through the Big Shot with the Festive embossing folder (retiring!  On sale; get it now!) and then added a piece of new Lemon Lime Twist cardstock embossed with the Large Polka Dots folder (also retiring!).

The "Happy" is from Happy Celebrations; it was stamped with Bermuda Bay ink, and overstamped with the "splash" from the same set, using Lemon Lime Twist ink - LOVE!  "New Beginnings" was heat embossed on Night of Navy with White Embossing Powder after being stamped with Versamark ink.

The sentiment panels are raised on Dimensionals; there's a Lace Doily behind them.  And some Enamel Shapes (Brights and Regals) were added to finish the card.

I hope this makes you smile!



Product List

No comments: