Friday, August 18, 2017

Just a Note

At our Card Club this month, I featured this card:

I love Crafting Forever, and wanted to use the pen on my card.  But I needed some other "things" to add, so check out the extras...

We started with a 3" strip of the wonderful Wood Textures Designer Series Paper Stack.  We stamped the Sheet Music background stamp on it, using Smoky Slate ink.  "A Note for You", from Wood Words, was stamped in Island Indigo at the bottom of the strip.


Our Island Indigo layer took a trip through the Big Shot with the Pinewood Planks Textured Impressions Embossing Folder, giving it a wood-grain look.  To this we adhered our Wood Textures strip.

The gorgeous Island Indigo 1/4" Ombre Ribbon was wrapped and tied around the card, which was then adhered to the Crumb Cake base.

To finish off the front, we stamped the words from Background Bits using Crumb Cake ink on Crumb Cake cardstock; this was cut with the Stitched Shapes framelits and adhered to an Island Indigo oval cut with the Layering Ovals framelits.

The pen from Crafting Forever was stamped in Island Indigo ink and fussy cut (easy peasy with my Paper Snips!) and popped up on some dimensionals.  And the finishing touch?  A few Glitter Enamel Dots.

Can't wait to send this note to a special friend.

Product List

6 comments:

Laurie/Paul said...

😊

SunshineLady said...

Love it... especially the colors, music background, and background bits writing. Ceresa

SunshineLady said...

Love it... especially the colors, music background, and background bits writing. Ceresa

Stampin' Amigos said...

Thanks, Ceresa; but to be totally transparent (and as Laurie knows) we had to make this card in other colors because I didn't have enough ribbon for everyone. We switched to Night of Navy and Crumb Cake, with the beautiful Navy Crinkled Seam Binding--same card, different colors. But still lovely!

Cartes Mamilou (Louise Cyr) said...

Beautiful Priscilla! Absolutely love it. I am thinking of using the new music DSP and different colours to CASE if I may? Love the composition and all the sets and dies you used....great occasion for up sell.

Stampin' Amigos said...

CASE away, Louise, I'd be flattered. As noted above, I also did this card in Navy and Crumb Cake, using the Navy Crinkled Seam Binding Ribbon--yummy! Thanks for the comment, and I hope you'll let me see a sample of YOUR card.