Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Time for Fall

Almost time for Autumn, although with the heat we continue to have in California, it doesn't quite feel like it.  But I am noticing a slight chill in the air when I take my evening walk, so maybe it's really gonna get here one of these days.

And in preparation, here's a card to welcome Fall:

Painted Harvest is a new stamp set from the Holiday Catalog, making it's debut on September 1st.  I know this will be a popular set, judging from all the samples I am seeing popping up all over.  And I loved it as soon as I saw it.

This two-step set is very easy to stamp.  I started with Daffodil Delight for the larger "ring" of flower, and then stamped Crushed Curry over it.  The center is Early Espresso.  Then, using my Paper Snips, I fussy cut the flowers.  There was a slight Very Vanilla border so I sponged on more Daffodil Delight ink, and my flowers look so real!  They also got a Wink of Stella treatment for just a hint of sparkle!


The leaves were a happy accident.  I stamped the "veins" of the leaves using Always Artichoke ink, and then stamped Wild Wasabi for the leaf.  But it seemed to "spring-y"; so I experimented by stamping Old Olive right over the Wasabi, and I love the color!  Darker but still bright.

The leaves were punched with the matching Leaf Punch - hint - this is a bundle--Painted Harvest and Leaf Punch, and you can save 10% by purchasing the bundle instead of individually...and trust me, you're going to want the punch AND the stamps, so just get the bundle!

The card base is Thick Very Vanilla.  I cut a piece of Early Espresso 4-1/4" x 5-1/2", ran it through the Big Shot with the Pinewood Planks embossing folder, and adhered it to the card front, completely covering the Vanilla.

The sentiment was stamped in Early Espresso; don't you love that little acorn?  I know...sunflowers don't come from acorns, but it was so darn cute, I had to add it.  And I stamped some "splats" from Timeless Textures, using Crumb Cake ink (stamped off once).  Then it was cut using the Lots of Labels framelits.


All I needed was a rustic bow--strings from the Burlap Ribbon did the trick!  Happy Fall, y'all!


Product List

2 comments:

bonniemon said...

What a beauty! Love it!

Stampin' Amigos said...

Thanks, Bonnie! I love this new set...gonna be a keeper for sure!