Thursday, August 24, 2017

Too Early?

Are you ready?  We're just a week away from the release of the new Holiday Catalog, and I've been playing with my new toys!  But I have to admit, there's something that doesn't feel exactly right when it's 90+ degrees outside and I'm making Christmas cards; I mean, this isn't Australia, right?

But I was having fun trying to be creative, and this is what I came up with:




Gorgeous?  YES!  Wait til you see how shiny this is!

Musical Season caught my eye in the new catalog.  Maybe because the sample, on page 25, is so pretty in Bermuda Bay, Silver, Black and White.  Maybe it's because my husband used to play the Renaissance Lute--yes, about 100 years or so ago (or so it seems), when I first met my husband, who was a Classical Guitar major at USC (with my brother and brother-in-law), Jim dabbled with the lute.  After a few years he was actually quite good, and in our early years, played at a book store on Friday evenings, and in the library, or for private parties.  But as reality set in, he decided this was no life for a wife and kids, so he gave it up for computers.  😇  What a guy!

So now, many years later, I've decided to honor him with a lute card.  And it's a beauty!


I started by stamping Sheet Music with Versamark ink on Basic Black card stock, and heat embossing it with Gold Embossing Powder.  I also embossed the lyre, the lute and the sentiment, stamped on Very Vanilla.


Then it was off to the Big Shot with the coordinating Musical Instruments Framelits Dies (yes!  this is a bundle, and you can save 10% by purchasing the stamps and matching framelits) to cut the lute, lyre, and the horn and treble clef out of Gold Foil.

I did realize that to get this all on a card, I'd have to make it a little larger, and settled for a 5-1/2" square card of Basic Black with a layer of Gold Foil.

I love the Merry Little Christmas Designer Series Paper, and used that on one side of the card, with the embossed music on the other side.


The sentiment was a little lonely on the left side, so I added some gold Metallic Enamel Shapes--finished off the card just right.


I'm not a huge fan of Christmas in August, but I really had fun playing with this set.

So are you ready?  Ordering begins September 1st; if you need a Holiday Catalog, and don't have a Stampin' UP! demonstrator, please contact me for one.  You won't be sorry...although your checkbook might be!  😉

 



Product List

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful card! And I liked the story that goes with it!

Stampin' Amigos said...

Thank you so much, Idelle! My husband liked the story too...such a long time ago, but this stamp set reminded us of a wonderful time!