Sunday, August 20, 2017

Welcome Home

I just got back from a quick trip to Portland, OR.  My son and daughter-in-law, and my darling grandson, Declan, moved there last month, and I HAD to see their new home.

And of course, I had to make a card:


Map it Out provided the great US map.  And I thought it was perfect to mark Portland with a star!

Other products used are new, from the upcoming Holiday Catalog.  First is that adorable house:


This actually looks quite a bit like my son's new home, a 125-year old farmhouse-style structure that needs LOTS of remodeling.  Think "fixer upper".  But it's my son's dream (and fortunately he has the skills) to turn it into a palace for his wife.  And he'll be true to the time period--he's even refinishing the original windows!

But I digress...back to the card.  😁😁😁

The house, along with two other styles, is featured in the Hearts Come Home set.  Obviously I didn't do a great job of coloring it, but since I was making the card at 11:00 p.m. the night before I was leaving, I went with it...I used Old Olive and Peekaboo Peach markers, along with Basic Black for the roof; colored, huffed and stamped.  Then cut it out with the Stitched Shapes framelits, layered on two more of the Layering Circles dies.


The background paper is new too - the Merry Little Christmas Designer Series Paper.  I love that this paper has patterns that can be used all year round!

It was hard to leave them on Sunday night, but I know they're in a good place, and a wonderful home.  What more can a mom ask?


Product List

No comments: